A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a damaged tooth. Not only can it help strengthen that damaged tooth, but it can also improve the appearance, shape, or alignment of the tooth by permanently bonding either to a dental implant or to a portion of your tooth’s natural structure.
A tooth crown can be created in the shape of your original tooth with a hollow inside. Then the crown is then placed over — and permanently bonded to — your tooth. At Dental Care Marlboro, we create crowns that appear and feel like a real tooth.
Why Are Crowns Used?
A few common reasons for a dental crown include:
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking
- Hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- Restore a tooth that’s broken tooth or extremely worn down
- Cover and support a tooth with a large filling
- Hold a dental bridge in place
- Cover misshapen or severely discolored teeth
- Cover an implant
- For cosmetic reasons
Regardless of the reason, your highly-trained team at Dental Care Marlboro will be able to create a crown that looks and feels as natural as a real tooth. Call our office at (732) 490-8101 today.